Monday, August 24, 2020

#MusicMonday

 
Our Judge and our Defender
Suffered and crucified
Forgiveness is in You
Descended into darkness
You rose in glorious life
Forever seated high

This was actually one of the songs I considered requesting for my baptism. I love the energy and the way the lyrics get down to the basic, foundational beliefs of the Christian faith. Daily life can feel crazy at times and our attention is pulled in many directions all at once. I love stepping aside from it all for a few minutes to ground myself in the basics again. Yes, our world is messed up and sinful. Yes, I am too. Yes, judgement is coming. And YES, forgiveness is available. It's wonderful to know that my Judge and Defender has already descended into darkness and paid the full penalty, and having risen is now forever seated high.


This I Believe (The Creed) by Hillsong Worship



No comments:

Post a Comment