Monday, May 11, 2020

#MusicMonday


And be more than just OK
There is so much more in life than this
You can leave your past behind
The clouds are always silver lined
There is love and joy and peace you'll live
When all you do is give give give give give

It's easy to feel like we need things and spend all our focus on ourselves and acquiring our desires. I need to eat better, I need to exercise more, I need skin products, I need someone to give me encouragement. And society is quick to agree with us. Self-care. Self-love. Self-worth. Self-help. Self-motivation. "You're worth it!" "You deserve it!" "Do what YOU want." "Follow your heart."We're told these things at every turn, and we like having our feelings validated and our egos stroked. 

But what if our preoccupation with self is actually counter-productive? What if the solution to our insecurities and fears is to turn our focus outward, away from ourselves and towards those around us? What if paying someone else a compliment encourages us? What if there is love and joy and peace we'll find only by giving? 

I've certainly found it to be true in my own life. 

Give by The Willis Clan



No comments:

Post a Comment