Monday, June 14, 2021

#MusicMonday


I say, "I'm fine, yeah, I'm fine, oh, I'm fine, hey, I'm fine"
But I'm not, I'm broken
And when it's out of control I say it's under control
But it's not and You know it
I don't know why it's so hard to admit it
When bein' honest is the only way to fix it
There's no failure, no fall
There's no sin You don't already know
So let the truth be told

There's a sign on the door, says, "Come as you are" but I doubt it
'Cause if we lived like that was true, every Sunday mornin' pew would be crowded
But didn't You say church should look more like a hospital?
A safe place for the sick, the sinner and the scarred, and the prodigals, like me
 

The first step to solving any problem is identifying it. When we stubbornly refuse to admit that one exists, we do ourselves a disservice, choosing to suffer under it rather than fix it and be free of it. We might fool those around us and ourselves for a while, but God already knows all our slip-ups, mistakes, failures, inadequacies and sins. We can't surprise Him by being worse than He expects. So why won't we be honest with Him? What do we have to lose? In truth: nothing. Let's admit it. Let's fix it. Rather, let's let Him fix it. Lay it at the cross and be free of it. Let the truth be told.


Truth Be Told by Matthew West




No comments:

Post a Comment