Monday, May 17, 2021

#MusicMonday

I'm looking at a masterpiece
I'm staring at a work of art
I'm listening to a symphony
In every beat of your tiny heart
You used to be a choice to make
But now I think you've chosen me
'Cause I see ten fingers, ten toes
Two eyes and I know this is meant to be

This song was actually the one that first introduced me to Matthew West's music, which I subsequently discovered I enjoyed more of and have shared here before. I remember some of the early midwife appointments for my younger siblings: the sound of water sloshing around as we all waited on the edges of our seats until finally the doppler found its destination and the steady thump-thump, thump-thump of our newest little sibling's healthy heartbeat could be heard and we all let out our breath and broke out into smiles. Sometimes we were allowed to hold the midwife's correctly-sized, correctly-weighted fetal models and see how big, how heavy, or how formed the youngest member of the family was. Ten tiny fingers. Ten tiny toes. Incredibly small and yet so perfectly formed. A masterpiece. A miracle that didn't happen by chance. Truly, there's no such thing as unplanned!

Unplanned by Matthew West



No comments:

Post a Comment