Monday, August 17, 2020

#MusicMonday

 


I’ve seen New York City now all covered in the snow
Shining bright with colored lights everywhere I go
But I feel something missing here and I long for something more
Oh, it’s still not the city that I’m looking for

And every time that I try to rest my troubled soul
All I find is I’m not at home
And I will walk every road the world may have in store
But it’s still not the city that I’m looking for

Cities all around our world boast magnificent architectural wonders, dazzling lights, and enthralling theme parks. We can shop an almost endless array of every item imaginable (and some not). The modern world has made luxury available to most of us. Dreamy sunsets draw a smile from those who notice them. And yet, amid so much beauty and wonder, something isn't right. This isn't home. This is not the city that I'm looking for. But there's one that I am, and nothing here can make me fear the promise of that shore.

City That I'm Looking For by The Willis Clan




No comments:

Post a Comment