Tuesday, January 19, 2010

To Wellington!!!

Hi!


On Tuesday 21st December, the Sonnevelds (homeshool friends - Suzanne, Ruth, Esther) came to pick up our 2 bird cages, guinea pigs, rabbit, and mice (x 6) with their trailer.
Most of the children went with them.
Mum and I went to the midwife, picked up chook chow, etc, and took Buttercup (rabbit) to the vet for his second Calisi (probably wrong spelling!!) virus vaccination, and have his eye checked at the same time, as it was white in the middle. As it turned out, he had a small ulcer on his eye, which they gave us some ointment for, which had to be applied twice a day.
Then we went out to the Sonneveld's house, and showed them how to clean the animal cages, and had lunch, etc...


Then... I can't remember exactly what we did, but we left their place, and carried on getting stuff ready so we could leave on Thursday.


On Wednesday, we packed everything into our bags, then I think I might have baked. That night we had dinner, then went to athletics training. After the other children were  in bed we packed the van. Then I made rolls, and heaps of other food, and Mum and I packed it.


We went to bed really late that night, and got up at .... maybe...7:30am the next morning.


We organised last - minute things, and then piled into the van.
After dropping a key off to Uncle Paul so he could paint our bathroom while we were away, we were on our way! It was about 8:37 when we left I think.


We stopped in Taupo about 12, and the other children played on the playground, etc. Then we got back in the car and had lunch, and i did some maths, and read, etc.


We had a couple more stops for Petrol etc, then arrived at the campground at 4:47pm.
I was staying with my Nana, so we went up to her house, and unpacked all my stuff. Eventually Dad and Nana went to get Fish and Chips for dinner.
Mum went shopping, then when she got back I made a Mud cake and started 2 cheescakes.


The others went back to the camp about 10:30 - 11pm.


I wrapped the last of my presents while waiting for the mud cake to finish cooking, then went to bed.


I'll post about Xmas day next time,
CYA,
Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment