Monday, February 10, 2020

#MusicMonday


After several months of pondering (and a little planning for good measure), I have decided it is time to launch a new series here on the blog. Music has always been an important part of my life. I was the child who watched musicals or Disney movies and waited for the bits of spoken story line to end so we could just get back to the music already! :P While my tastes have changed, my love of music has remained. The series #MusicMonday will be a peak into my musical library. Despite being classically-trained myself, my repertoire of listening material is varied so expect a wide array of genres to feature here. 

The thoughts I share along with each track are my own and not necessarily indicative of the artist's own. I also won't be receiving anything financially should you listen to or purchase the tracks, because, well, I just haven't organised that.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't wanna miss it
I don't wanna look back someday and find
Everything that really mattered
Was right in front of me this whole time"
As we go into this (not so) new year, I want to consider this. Am I taking notice of the beautiful things, the important things, the things that really matter? Or am I flying through life from one item on my to do list to the next, never stopping long enough to take in my surroundings? The truth is that all of life is busy. All of life includes things that have to be done. All of life is messy in some way. I want to remember to open my eyes and take in what's around me. I want to appreciate the beautiful, the important, the special -- before they're gone. Before they're just the beautiful things I miss.

The Beautiful Things We Miss by Matthew West



No comments:

Post a Comment