Friday, August 26, 2016

Aussie Trip {Part 15} I Don't Have a Noticeably Kiwi Accent . . . Or Maybe I Do

Apart from the Pet Porpoise Pool, Bethany and I met Susie for lunch one day at the river; it was overcast to start with and a bit chilly, but by the time we left the sun was out and it was getting pretty warm. We watched some people on the river, and I was informed that anything including sharks and crocs could be hiding under the surface, never mind the water itself not having an overly clean appearance. Anyways lunch was good and it was nice to catch up with Susie again -- thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to come see us! :)

I also let Jared win some board/card games (coz I'm such a good guest . . . or I just haven't practiced enough ;P), folded some washing (everyone kept telling me to make myself at home! :P), got completely spoiled (Mrs. McAlpine reckons I'm a good guest . . . idk I think the credit goes to her), and went to some of Bethany's jobs with her. The playcentre brought back memories, although thankfully we never had to worry about arachnids of incredible size when I attended one over here years back! ;P

Oh yeah, and we did some shopping and a receptionist was surprised to hear I was from NZ, saying my accent wasn't noticeable . . . Bethany cleared that up pretty quickly though ;P And I went to Toastmasters for the first time. (What's with air conditioning?!)

: : On my last day with Bethany, getting ready for Grace's birthday that night : :

No comments:

Post a Comment